Pages

Friday, November 1, 2019

Children should be seen and not heard

On the 29th of October 2019, Tumu hub went on a school trip to Ferry mead. We first got told the rules:backs straight, shoes kept in good condition, ladies before gentlemen, and children should be seen and not heard. We then separated into groups of boys and girls to get changed into the outfits we were to wear all day. The girls wore a dress with an apron over the top, and a white frolicky hemmed hat on our heads. We met in the Lodge hall and saw that the boys wear wearing a grey long sleeved shirt with grey knickerbockers, and a hat that sort of looked like a train drivers hat. The first group went for morning tea then we played a game of its in the bag. After the game we went to have our morning tea. For morning tea we had cheerios, laming tones, pineapple lumps, pineapple and cheese on a  stick, and animal biscuits. Next we split into our small groups with about 10 people in it and went around in our rotations. My groups first rotation was the Movies. It was a little cinema with a projector and old bouncy seats. The movie we watched was 15 minutes and about a Dad who tried and failed to bake a cake, but when his daughter got home she called her friends and they all came over to help make some delicous foods to help him for the party.
Our next rotation was the school. We went into the building and first got told how to use your ink pen. Then he gave us a sheet to do. We had to write our name, and go over three sentences, I finished first, then Molly after me. Our teacher said to go out into the playground, when really there was no play ground. It was a small field with a few trees and a bench. I sat on the seat and watched Molly climb a tree, then the others started coming out. Our next rotation was supposed to be lunch, but we had been so quick we had spare time. So we went and looked around in some of the houses. There was one small cottage and a church. We firstly went inside the cottage and had a look at how they didn't have a proper toilet, instead a small pot under the bed, and living room was tiny too. We went out the back and saw the washing hagning up on the line, and there was buckets with these boards used to wash clothes on, and we all had a go at washing the clothes. Next we went for lunch. I had sandwiches, grapes, biscuits, and a bag of chips.
After lunch we went and looked in some of the other houses and the church again, and Molly, Dakota, Grandma (who was a parent helper), and I went into the print shop where a man showed us how to make notebooks. We came out of the print shop and saw that the tram that was right in front of us was now gone, we thought the rest of our group had left on it without us. But then we saw that our group was in the lodge hall getting told about how we were going to get changed before the tram ride. We went back round to the train station where we got changed at the beggining. I got out of my clothes, then went round to the grass like I was told. We had some time to play while the other tram ride finished. After about five minutes, the tram arrived. It had one half of the hub in it, and the other, which is me, will be in next. Out they come, and in we go. The tram starts, we drive through some buildings, and then, out into the open. I can see the mountain, with its beautiful green grass and its beautiful pretty houses. We went past a lake and back round to the start. It was so cool! And that is my awesome trip at Ferrymead!


Have you ever been to Ferrymead?

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post