Pages

Tuesday, June 25, 2019

How I learned that I can turn Peanut butter into DIAMONDS!

How I learned that I can turn Peanut Butter into DIAMONDS!

This week my reading group read this article: Can you turn Peanut Butter into diamonds. Before I start, I want to ask you a question: 

Do you think that you could actually turn peanut butter into diamonds?

At first I thought, No. This can't be possible. But after reading the article I was amazed! To see that it was really true! It said, that they are created with peanut butter by heating a piece of coal, coating the coal with peanut butter, and leaving it in a bowl of ice through the night. To me it was a real surprise that it was even possible. Because Peanut Butter, it is just nutty, brown, food, and sticky. The next part of the article said that Scientist Dan Frost realized that Peanut Butter contained one of the main ingredients for diamonds, carbon. It said that all organic matter on Earth contains carbon. Earlier on in the article it said that some people claim that diamonds can be made from household items! I wondered if that meant my couch or TV can make diamonds?!!

Do you think that you could make Diamonds of Household items? Or Peanut Butter?

3 comments:

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post