Pages

Thursday, June 25, 2020

Creepy castle

Kia ora and welcome back to my blog! This week on Monday, Mrs Earl our amazing Principal came into the class and taught about Shade o meteres, Vocabulary Vaults, Averbial phrases, repetitions and rhetorical questions. Although I wasn't at school that day, I had some great friends to tell me EVERYTHING!

Shade o meter:
A shade o meter is a way of finding out better ways to write boring words. You put the not-so-good word in the middle, and think of new ways to say it. The worse words go underneath and the better ones go above. Here is an example of a shade o meter.
Vocabulary Vault:
A Vocabulary Vault is a thing that is sort of like a shade o meter, it changes not interesting words into interesting words. Here is an example of a Vocabulary Vault:
Adverbial Phrases, repetitions and rhetorical questions:
An adverbial phrase it telling what time of the day it is. For example: As the sun sets. Or: When the dawn awakens.

A reputition is when you repeat the same thing in a different way. You don't say the same thing, you say it again but in another way. For example: The wind is cold. The wind is freezing. The wind is turning people into ice., See how they don't say the same thing but they sort of do?

Rhetorical questions are when you ask a question that you don't mean to be answered. They say something like: "When will this rain stop!?", because no one will answer,  "At 2:00", will they? so you don't really want them to answer a rhetorical question.

Once we had learnt about all that, we had to create a 9 sentence story about one of these two pictures:



I chose the one on the right. My story is a short paragraph that I hope to add more onto soon, but for now this is my story:


As the Moon shone brightly the girl walked up the castle. She was as scared as a cat. She walked closer getting goosebumps as she walked. Opening the door of the haunted abandoned castle, she walked inside, and said, “Hello? Anyone home?” The girl turned on her torch and shone it everywhere. She was standing in the middle of a haunted freezer. At least, it was like that. But then she heard a growl. It sounded like it was right next to her so she ran up the creaky stairs.She was scared. She was worried. She was terrified.     Will she survive?

Thank you for reading my blog.  What do you think should happen next to the girl? Please give me some ideas.








1 comment:

  1. This is a fantastic post Elsha - you have included all that you have been learning and showed such a great understanding of it. Great examples that you have highlighted as well. What techniques did you learn this week?

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post